The Silex is the true go anywhere do anything road bike. Happy pounding the miles on the UK's broken roads or venturing further afield off-road thanks to it suggest build and fat tyres.
Merida offer the SILEX in two options. The 'classic' SILEX standing on 700c wheels, being the perfect 'all-road' bike which loves lanes, forest tracks and gravel or the new more 'rugged' SILEX+ version, which can easily tackle more demanding terrain due to its more burly 650B wheels and 45 mm tyres. The choice is yours. Both options are based on the same frame, so wheels are exchangeable at a later date.
- Smart Entry - Cables, housings and brake hoses are clamped under tension to prevent rattling. All inlets are completely interchangeable to deal with Di2, hydraulic hoses, brake cable and gear cable housings etc.
- ProLite 66 Triple Butted Aluminium - Our proven high-end aluminium (6066) is extremely light and durable. Using triple butted wall thicknesses and hydroforming technology, we tune the aluminium tubes to give the best possible stiffness to weight ratio.
- Hydro Forming System (HFS) - Tubes are inserted into negative moulds and a hot emulsion of water and oil is forced through at pressure, enabling them to be formed into complex shapes.
- Smooth Welding - Sometimes called ‘double pass welding’, a second pass over the weld gives a clean organic look to the frame. At first glance you'll be convinced it is carbon.
- Chainstay Post Mount - Post mounted calipers fit directly for a strong and light connection whilst positioning the caliper on the chainstay within the rear triangle gives it extra protection and better distribution of braking forces.
- Lifetime Warranty - Covers the entire ownership of the original purchaser. This applies to manufacturing and material defects and includes bikes used for racing.*A rider and equipment weight limit of 120kg applies.
Frame: Lightweight 6066 triple butted and hydroformed aluminium frame with upright gravel geometry and tapered headtube for stable but nimble handling
Fork: Silex CF2; Tapered steerer; carbon
Headset: Merida M2331
Stem: Merida Expert CW; aluminium; 31.8 mm diameter; -8 degree rise
Bars: Merida Expert GR; aluminium
Front Brake: Sram Apex1 HRD
Rear Brake: Sram Apex1 HRD
Brake Lever: Sram Apex1
Front Mech: Sram Apex1
Rear Mech: Sram Apex1
Shifters: Sram Apex 1 HRD
Rims: Merida Expert CX; 19 mm inner width; 24 mm deep; aluminium
Front Hub: VP 173SB; 100x12 mm axle; 32 spoke; 6 bolt
Rear Hub: VP 273SB; 142x12 mm axle; 32 spoke; 6 bolt rear with Merida Expert SL rear axle including removable lever; 6/4mm allen key
Spokes: Black stainless
Front Tyre: Maxxis Rambler; 700x38C; Kevlar bead - folding; TR; EXO
Rear Tyre: Maxxis Rambler; 700x38C; Kevlar bead - folding; TR; EXO
Seat Post: Merida Comp CC; aluminium; 30.9 mm diameter; 0 mm layback
Saddle: Merida Comp CC; V-mount
Chainset: Sram Apex1; 40 teeth
Bottom Bracket: Sram Pressfit PF86
Chain: KMC X11
Cassette: Sram PG-1130; 11-42 teeth; 11 speed
Pedals: Not Included